Today, I want to share with you a recipe of a side dish that I love to make for my guests – and everyone usually really loves it, because it’s creamy, yummy and so naturally sweet! In fact, sweet potatoes are just such an amazing and delicious Superfood! I simply love them, they are easily one of my favorite foods.
The other inspiration that I wanted to make this recipe today was a small info graphic I read a few days back about 12 foods that boost your immunity. I think it’s super useful to know this, since we are approaching winter and flu season!
Therefore, I picked two of them to be part of this recipe, to be more precise, I added rosemary to this recipe for the first time – and I was amazed to the interesting taste it added to my puree. The idea for the vanilla extract by the way, comes from a famous restaurant in Miami that serves a vanilla potato puree, Prime One Twelve, actually famous for it’s meats, but they have great vegetarian options too. And yes, their potato puree with vanilla is just legendary! 😉 And just a quick hi here to my friend Molly, who I know loves this puree from Prime One Twelve 😉
This puree contains Sweet potatoes as the main ingredient and Superfood.
Ingredients: (for 1 – 2 portions, as side dish)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla pure extract
- Rosemary (a tiny little bit, approx. 1/3 teaspoon)
- 2 oz coconut milk (or if you are not vegan – like me most of the time 🙂 – you can also use 2oz heavy cream or sour cream)
- Pepper and salt, to taste
- Cut the sweet potato into small cubes and cook them in hot water until soft
- Drain the water, but keep about 2 oz of the liquid
- Puree the potato cubes
- Add vanilla extract, the coconut milk (or (sour) cream), rosemary, salt and pepper, mix again
- Serve together with the main of your choice! Enjoy!
Sorry, the pictures are not that pretty this time. It’s just not such a photogenic dish 😉 But it’s really super tasty – I promise!
What do you like to make with Sweet Potatoes? I am sure there are tons of recipes out there! Please share!