If you have read some of my earlier posts already, you might have realized by now that I have sort of a small obsession of re-creating recipes I ate in restaurants and really loved 😉 In Miami, there is this beautiful hotel (The Standard), located just at the Bay, and it features a really good restaurant (Lido) that actually offers a variety of healthy food options – in fact, they use plenty of Superfoods for their cooking, such as Quinoa, Kale, etc. And they have a really nice Kale salad with goat cheese that I tried a few weeks back, sitting at a table facing the bay…oh yes, it was wonderful…
My version is not exactly the same as theirs, as I added some of my personal note, such as the vinaigrette for example. I thought that lemon would go really well with Kale, also to help balance out its strong taste.
Lastly, this would not be a blog about Superfood if it wouldn’t feature at least one recipe with Kale, because Kale is probably one of the most amazing Superfoods that nature has to offer!!! It is among – if not the – most nutrient-dense food in the world. This means, Kale offers a lot of nutrients compared to its calorie content. But now, let’s talk about the recipe, which contains following Superfoods:
- Olive oil
- Carrots, cut in thin juliennes
- Pine nuts, slightly roasted
- Golden raisins
- Vinaigrette (= 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp agave nectar, salt and pepper)
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing all ingredients together
- Now add the ingredients for the salad, Kale, carrots, pine nuts and raisins, mix well with the vinaigrette – ready!
- This salad would actually go really well with some goat-cheese on the top
- Serve as it is, or with some bread on the side – although, as I mentioned above, the salad itself will be very filling already
I had also served the salad with some Millet “Arrancini”. The recipe for those will be posted in a few days separately 🙂